Got me some Playmobil.....

Playmobil: Pirate 2-pack set


Well, technically my wife got this Playmobil 2-pack set for our son who had graciously lent this to his old dad for a quick photoshoot. I know there are a number of bloggers out there who religiously collects Playmobil and I must say, I have fond memories of the line back when I was growing up. All I (vivdly) remember about Playmobil is that they're from Germany (so Denmark is not the only producer of cool toys in Europe eh?) and that they first made their mark back in the 70s. I still remember owning figures and vehicles from various line i.e. cowboys & indians, police & thieves, knights, warriors and such. When He-Man, TMNT and Optimus Prime came into the picture, I soon forgot about Playmobil and there it stayed at the most remote corner of my memory bank until now. I first saw a blogger/collector proudly displaying his weekly 'Playmobil loot' and how he was so passionate on writing about every each of them. It was then I realised that it's really cool to be able to re-visit your happy childhood memories no matter what they may be. These guys talk passionately about Playmobil the same way I like to talk about Masters of The Universe or Star Wars. So go figure!

Playmobil: Pirate 2-pack set

We were thinking that perhaps it is time to introduce our son to the wonderful world of Playmobil. Actually we weren't really sure how he'd react to these 'limited articulations'. You see, he has been exposed to many other 'super-articulated' action figures but sometimes something as simple as 7-POAs could provide you with a breathe of fresh air (hey, the 'Saga Legends' Star Wars figures only have 5-POAs mind you!). When we asked the little guy which of the 2-pack sets he fancied the most, with a blink of an eye, he immediately picked the one with 'Jack Sparrow'. Hahah....

Playmobil: Pirate 2-pack set

Boy, these are cool! Feels like the first time I played with them way back in the 80s! Our son absolutely loves them. They come with a fair amount of accessories (I love that skull...he even comes with his own hat!) and they look visually unique as compared to other 'complicated' action figures of today.

Playmobil: Pirate 2-pack set

They easily swap accessories with each other. Probably because they're supposed to fit one another...like LEGO pieces.What's not to love about these Playmobil?

I'm for-seeing many more Playmobil figures (and vehicles) to come into the little guy's collection real soon!

Comments